|Sector||Construction, Property & Consulting - Civil & Structural|
|Salary||£37000 - £45000 per annum + Pension|
Location - Birmingham
Role - Senior Structural Engineer
Salary - £37k+ (doe)
A national consultancy based in the heart of Birmingham are looking to add to their ever-growing building structures team with a Senior Structural Engineer. This consultancy has over 5 offices in the UK alone and are a very well respected national presence. They work on lots of diverse and high-profile projects, such as Residential, Aviation, Commercial, Health, Educational and Highrise structure schemes. On average a project is worth around £25million and can exceed the £100 million mark.
The consultancy in need of a Senior Structural Engineer currently have 16 in the office across all teams in which consist of 2 Associates, 4 Chartered Engineers, 1 Senior, 4 Technicians and 5 Graduates. The given candidate has complete backing of the company with regards to business plans and the way projects are ran, there is great scope for progression and even chance to build and develop your own team.
Below lies the main duties expected and also the qualifications needed to be put forward for this position. Should you be interested or believe to have the right skills for the role then please feel free to contact me for more information.
Principal Duties & Main Activities
* Undertaking the role of Job Manager and internal Project Coordinator where applicable.
* Preparation of structural design calculations in accordance with the relevant design codes utilising the software when appropriate.
* Undertaking the preparation of specifications and drawings, technical information, reports as necessary of all allocated projects.
* Undertaking internal project management on all delegated schemes, as instructed by the Directors.
* Controlling the client contact and maintaining the contract files in accordance with established procedures.
* Liaising with clients and/or their representatives and attending design/site meetings.
* Keeping abreast of technical developments within the industry.
* Preparation and checking of all documentation for a project to ensure the delivery of a high quality service.
* Complying with the CDM Regulations.
* Assist the Directors in preparing fee proposal and resource plans for future work.
* Undertake site surveys and inspections.
* Supervise, mentor and train engineers and technical staff with less experience, skills or qualification.
* Managing the costs and revenues on the project.
* Providing clients with high quality technical advice within the limits of the brief.
* Advising senior management of challenges or potential challenges associated with any aspect of the contract.
* Responsible for the delivery of a high quality service within agreed programme.
* Reviewing with others the agreed programme of all delegated projects.
* Contributing to the continual review of the standard specification documents.
* Ensuring that projects Quality Plan is in place and all relevant TIME data is correct and complete at the start of the job.
* Managing the project to ensure that the relevant checks and approvals are undertaken at the appropriate time.
* Be familiar with and use the management systems, including complying with the Quality Management System.
* Operating in accordance with the commercial requirements of the projects (costs and programme), immediately advising your manager of difficulties or uncertainties.
* Complying with the Company's policies and procedures including health and safety policy.
* Undertaking work in a manner to bring credit and high reputation to the Company.
* Contributing to the required office culture, conduct and discipline to encourage enjoyable productive and efficient working of all personnel.
* Fostering sound working relationships within the Accounts team and wider company
* Undertaking other duties consistent with the job description that may be required from time to time.
Degree qualified in Structural (or Civil) Engineering
Responsible to: Directors
Liaison with: Technical Directors, Directors
Responsible for: Engineers, Technicians
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business.