|Location||Kingston Upon Hull|
|Sector||Construction, Property & Consulting - Quantity Surveying|
|Salary||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
If you are an experienced and diverse Quantity Surveyor looking for an exciting role within the new build sector with a focus on residential, Industrial and Commercial then look no further.
This role is perfect for a Quantity Surveyor who is looking for a permanent position that will allow a good mix of challenging and exciting projects with an established and respected main contractor.
What will you be working on?? Well the client are specialist's within the new build housing, industrial and commercial market. The projects they work on are always built to the highest standard with every customer left satisfied with the end product. The business are a family run company with a turnover of circa £40m.
So what do we need from you??
As an experienced Quantity Surveyor you will have the following skills/attributes and qualifications:
- Full commercial autonomy of various projects
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Project Team at the appropriate time.
- Detail a labour cost schedule including anticipated target hours.
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for prime cost budget.
- Monitor and report costs
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Director
- Negotiate and place orders for labour and material sub-contractors, suppliers and consultants on a competitive tender basis
- Monitor and explain all cost movements
- Assist in the preparation of Site Budgets for authorisation
- Undertake valuations of production at budgeted cost on a monthly basis
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director
- Forecast final accounts
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies
- Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company's Operating framework
- Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems
- Develop good relations and act with integrity
- Make informed decisions
- Be well planned and organised
- Be passionate about customers
- Previous experience in the discipline within the house building industry
- IT literate
- Reasonable knowledge of Building Regulations and Health and Safety requirements
- Industry related business qualification
If this is you then what are you waiting for?
Apply now or contact Sam Sykes in the Leeds office for more info.
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business.