|Area||North West, UK|
|Sector||Construction, Property & Consulting - Highways Transportation & Rail|
|Salary||£35000 - £42000 per annum|
Looking for a highway engineer for a large International consultancy in the centre of Manchester. The client has set up a new design office in the North West and looking to expand their design team.
The work portfolio consists of Highways England SMP and future Routes to Market scheme. Excellent D&B projects in the UK and overseas. Large county council frameworks agreements and key schemes with iconic UK contractors.
I'm looking to speak to highway engineers to work on road/highway and drainage design experience
The roles I'm looking to recruit -
Highway Engineer or Senior Engineer Circa@£35-42K
Qualities and experience required
- Good communication and team working skills
- Demonstrable capability in the planning and delivery of minor highway projects or work packages on large projects.
- Experience to undertake highway geometric design in accordance with the DMRB, and desirably Manual for Streets, using Bentley MX / OpenRoads.
- Experience with the preparation of budgets, monitoring and reporting.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel
- Have a strong understanding of civil engineering design principles
- Delivery of various highway design projects within a multi-disciplinary design team
- Knowledge of resource management procedures.
- Ability to recognise opportunities at a discipline level
- Ability to recognise, promote and apply innovation at a discipline level
- Good problem solving / contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Demonstrate pride in work through accurate timely delivery
- Inquisitive and curious
- Experience of MX, MS Excel, AutoCAD, WinDes and MS Project
- Delivery of local authority design projects
- MICE IEng
- Civil Engineering degree or equivalent
Very good opportunity for highway engineers to work on good interesting iconic road design schemes in the UK and overseas. Excellent progression and training offered within the company.
If you require anymore information on any of these roles, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 660 2360
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business.