|Location||Bristol, Bristol city centre|
|Sector||Construction, Property & Consulting - Water, Geotechnical & Environmental|
|Salary||£27000.00 - £37000 per annum|
SME design consultancy based in Bristol are looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer that can hit the ground running on several Rail, Buildings, Temporary Works and Contaminated Land schemes.
You will be sat within the specialist Geotechnical team helping to deliver complex geotechnical design projects from inception to completion. You will be required to procure and plan geotechnical ground investigations, undertake rock slope inspections, provide reports which detail recommended remedial works, undertake geotechnical detailed designs and technical report writing.
Your design responsibilities will surround foundations for gantries, minor structures and structural widening, retaining walls, slopes, piled foundations etc. Including the use of most industry software modelling programs.
Requirements to be considered for the role:
- 1st degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geotechnics, Engineering Geology or Geology;
- Working towards full professional membership / chartership;
- Will have proven previous experience of undertaking: geotechnical desk studies; procuring & supervising Ground Investigations (GIs),
- Demonstrable experience of geotechnical design together with a familiarity of design submission documentation. This includes a demonstrable understanding of the underlying principles and a knowledge of Eurocode 7
- Ability to use a range of geotechnical software for the design of civil engineering projects including the following: deep and shallow foundations (including pile group analysis); embedded and gravity retaining walls; earthworks/slope stability; reinforced earthworks etc.
- Full UK driving licence
If you would like to know more on this role, please contact Cory Taylor on the Calibre Search Manchester telephone number
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business.