This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Construction, Property & Consulting - Civil & Structural|
|Salary||£37500 - £50000 per annum + Pension|
Location - Bristol
Salary - Up to £50k (dependant on experience)
This national Consulting Ltd is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated individual to join the company as
Principal Structural Engineer.
We are a leading firm of Consulting Engineers, Project Managers and Development Consultants.The company provides multi?disciplinary consultancy services on a diverse range of strategic development, infrastructure and regeneration projects throughout the UK. We have an impressive track record of providing leading edge advice on some of the most challenging and large scale projects.
The successful candidate will join the local business (being situated in a modern office in the centre of Bristol) and will assist in leading the design of a number of structural / infrastructure schemes as well as liaising with clients and mentoring junior staff. In additional to structural design duties the successful candidate must be willing to develop their skills and work on other civil engineering / infrastructure design matters (highway, drainage and external work design) where necessary.
* Structural assessment, design and detailing of foundations (strip, pad, raft, piles etc.), superstructure elements (concrete, steel & timber), bridge foundations/abutments and retaining walls
* Preparation of AIP documents for regulatory authority approval
* Fully proficient in all relevant British Standards and Eurocodes
* Software ? AutoCAD / TEDDS
The position will suit:
* A Chartered Structural Engineer (CEng MIStructE / CEng MICE / CEng MCIHT/ CEnv CIWEM etc.)
* A graduate Structural Engineer with a MEng / BEng / BSc who is near Chartered status
* A Structural Engineer with experience in the civil and structural engineering sectors
The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be the sort to thrive in a hardworking and dynamic work environment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and education background / requirements Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business.